2. The patience of Job is referred to in which New Testament book? James Hebrews John
3. What is the overall theme of the book of Job?
Friendship All suffering is punishment for sin God's purposes in human suffering
4. What are the names of Job's three friends?
Eliphaz Bildad and Zophar Bildad Elihu and Cush Linken Blinken and Nod
5. Where did Job reside?
6. Elihu was descended from?
Nahor brother of Abraham Job
7. Job's three friends say suffering is a direct result of sin. What does Elihu suggest? It is all the devil's fault. God is unfair. Suffering is sent to keep men from sinning.
8. God speaks to Job
out of a whirlwind. from a burning bush. in a dream
9. We learn from the book of Job that Satan
does whatever he so desires to men. must get God's permission to afflict men. does not exist.
10. God restores Job's fortunes when
he prays for his friends. he curses the day he was born. he sacrifices a lamb.
Score = Correct answers: